I know it’s already the end of February and nobody remembers anymore that they’ve made some resolutions but I’m trying to stick to my plan.
I went to Madrid with my sis and had a brilliant time! It was high time for the two of us to head somewhere together!
Here, very shortly and straight to the point, Madrid’s highlights:
- Food. Oh how I love Spanish food… tapas is the way forward, I vote for more tapas places in Dublin.
- Spanish waiters. Come free and inevitably with point 1. No English speaking but so cute. (My dear boy, you’re so much cuter, this is for single girls of course)
- Shopping. Hard to describe, so much, so cool, so hard to stop
- More shopping!
- Madrid flea & antique market. You have to see it to believe. Millions (ok, maybe a bit less) of little steep streets filled with everything! Hard to haggle if you’ve no Spanish though, it can turn into a public argument with many people involved screaming at you in Spanish (re: me buying a blouse)
- The museum. The one with the Picasso painting. Such a pity I spent too much time on points 1 to 5 and never made it there…
Overall a cool city, brilliant spot for a short weekend. Metro makes is so easy to get around and also we got the very end of winter sales which means we bagged some proper bargains.
What I fell for? the same as usual when it comes to Spain: the sunshine, the happy people & the effortless, amazing style of Spanish ladies + this season all of them absolutely rocking the red lipstick. Seriously cool.
I didn’t have my camera with me (no men=nobody to carry it around 😉 but here are few pics we managed to take.
Thanks to my sis for great time and putting up with me ;*