The colder the weather gets in Dublin, the more I long for May Bank Holidays of years gone by, spent sunbathing and bbqing. Although it seems like I will never manage to put away my winter coat this year, I am determined to be prepared when the sun does come out. Hopefully it will sort out my extremely white legs too…
I was not a big fan of shirt dresses before but I can now see how easily they can make a very chick & comfortable outfit, without trying too hard.
There are few rules though to make it work:
- Wear a shirt dress, not a shirt pretending to be a dress – you will be caught
- Keep the length appropriate – again, it’s a dress, not a shirt…
- Keep the colours fresh and simple – whites, beige & baby blues; no stripes allowed
- Go for a belt, it will help you highlight your shape but keep it on the slim side – no 5 inch belts please
- If you really have to go for a shirt, make it your boyfriends and don’t forget to roll up the sleeves!
- Pair it with ankle boots or flats; think hot city rather than hot club (no stilettos please)
A shirt dress – River Island
It’s in the detail…
Bag – Marni for H&M
Heels – River Island
Necklace – thrifted
Ring – New Look